Sunday 20 February 2011

problems losing weight?

the rich and famous have been gorging themselves, lately.

I have a problem losing weight as well. I keep wondering if the gym is going to hook me up, like this guy.

I mean, when I get on the stationary bicycle,
I keep thinking that they've hooked me up to the grid.
If they do that, they'll get electricity from my hard work,
and yet they still charge me membership fee.
I should get a per-mile discount.

[here's an attempt]



In fact, I might hook the kids up, if they want to watch tv. Otherwise, I'm afraid that passtime might be completely useless.

Cos67 ¬(%^D>
checkitout:
Power-aid? Sweat Fuels Electricity at Gym
Green Microgym in Portland, Ore., Is One of First 'Human-Powered' Facilities in the U.S.

By KI MAE HEUSSNER
Sept. 8, 2008
It sounds like something you'd only see on the Discovery Channel: people pedaling ferociously to create enough energy to power the television, stereo and lights.
Stationary bicycles connected to small generators can charge batteries that power televisions and stereos.

But for Adam Boesel, owner of the Green Microgym in Portland, Ore., and his partners, this could be the future.

Launched last week, his "human-powered" gym is one of few fitness centers in the world that runs on power generated by people working out, Boesel said.

As members pedal on stationary bicycles, a small motor connected to the stations charges batteries that power the gym's television and stereo system.

Boesel said he doesn't yet have a way to quantify the output but knows that at the moment it's relatively small. However, this is just the beginning, he said.

"Our goal is to someday create 100 percent of the electricity we use in the gym," Boesel said. "The short-term goal is to get all of the electricity we can out of the machines.".....