Monday 14 March 2011

Formula number one for destruction of public cash

[F1 to get clipped]
In my 'how do you like my balls now?' piece, I said that paying millions for F1

is totally stupid when you're asking grannies to pay 150 pounds a year for a tv license,
to "support British arts".
The kind of carving up of cars that goes on in F1 is not really art.


And, I like Formula 1. actually, I like it because it's basically the only widely-available

racing on tv. It's actually fairly boring. and the money is obscene.


well, it turns out that Formula 1 demands 40 Million a year
from the public broadcaster, the BBC, for the rights to show the 18 or so races!
not exactly a moral citizen of the country; and all the F1 bosses
including Bernie Ecclestone the car salesman, are British.

the first hints are going around that the BBC is gonna drop Formula1. They'd be nuts
not to.
UPDATE:
Bernie, always the promoter, is now telling the world that it would terrible to have Formula 1 only on pay tv. I foresee riots in the streets. xD
Well, then, perhaps Formula 1 should ask for a lot less than 40 million a year.

Otherwise, chop it. These are tough times.

Cos67 ¬(%^D>

Later, I'll talk about the BBC's bloated staff paychecks some other time:
teaser- Chris Moyles, dj - 6 million quid/yr