Monday 20 June 2011

I'll bet that I'll lose. that way, I'll win

You know how you can hedge against your own f^%&k-ups?

Well, I did mention that Greece's PM, as I read, got his hands on a derivative
that says "Greece will bankrupt", as security in case it does,
that belonged to the Hellenic Post Bank (government-owned)
and sold it to a consortium including his friends.
Its value has gone up to 27 billion (20+ times investment)
So, the question is, does he have any skin in this game?

Will he profit if Greece goes bankrupt?

If he has skin in the game, he will be trying to have Greece go bankrupt.

More news: I've heard a rumour, for the first time, that Greece will be
dragged behind the bus for 3 years and then allowed to go bankrupt.

I like to read the last page of a book, too. Don't you?

Saves you suffering through all the theatrics and you get right to the climax.