Wednesday 22 June 2011

it doesn't matter who wins. Fans are sh*theads, either way

I've believed from my early adulthood that professional sports fans were idiots.
I don't mean the well-meaning, calm people who go religiously to games,
spend a ton on legal memorabilia, and shitty stadium food.
They're fools, with nothing else to live for, but I have no beef with them.

I'm talking about the people who "live and die" for their team, and join groups,
and do crazy stuff in the name of their 'boys'.
Vicarious, innit? Kinda homoerotic, too.
Lots of that in football circles in the UK, even without the hooligans.

As an adult, I "tried" to be a normal fan, for a bit.
When my hometown got a new hockey team, I bought tickets for a couple of seasons.

But I soon realised that if your soul is not into rooting for your team,
then it's just a very expensive night out.
And it's regular too,
to add to the boredom, if you're a season-ticket holder.
Redistribution of wealth,
from the stupid workers to the millionnaires,
ladies and gents.

To watch a bunch of lazy, sh*t-scared professional hockey players regularly
is more than I could bear, even though I grew up idolising hockey players.
I just saw how little they actually tried.
I saw how easy it was for lazy teams to tie up the good players,
or break their bones.

I knew that fans benefit, psychologically when their team wins. However, as the video shows, this is just chance. And if they don't win?
Are you supposed to be
angry? sad? suicidal?
are you supposed to riot?
No thanks, buddy.

Molyneux also mentions how the kind of us-vs-them fighting is great prep for war.
That's why governments give their money for an 'industry' that creates nothing
but a bit of sweat.
They do it because it controls the idiots who go watch. It trains them for war.
and it drains their pockets, making taxes for the gov.

According to psychologists,
by joining a gang or a fan club,
males can acquire a sense of belonging,
and even of male-ness,
which is rare these days, outside of an army.
However, all those guys could be asked to sacrifice their own lives and health
for the group, which is just stupid.
Oh, the chivalry.
I dare say, f%^&*&k off!
Mouseketeers. Jack-offs.

You're government wants you to do that.
Your government wants you to die so that they can accumulate your taxes
and not give you a pension.

so, GO CANUCKS! ....too late.

-Cos67¬(%^D>