Friday 25 May 2012

Modern capitalism IS a religion. discuss

In our first theological conference, I present you with the argument
that modern capitalism is a religion.

I got some reasons.
1 Anybody who complains about crony capitalism
is branded an apostate. You're either with us crooks, or you're
anti-capitalist, because oligarchs and theft are capitalism, right?
2 "Anti-capitalists" are persecuted by the police, while the
holy men of Wall Street get death-by-coke & whores.
3 Religions often have tax-free status. Business have offshore tax havens.

another voice

His holiness: Bratscal blogspot
10 Reasons 21st Century Capitalism is Like a Religion
"It's immaculate deception" - Max Keiser
Religions make stuff up out of thin air. So do Central Bankers.
Religion requires a leap of faith. Capitalism requires a leap of fiat.
Religions have high priests and priestesses.
Capitalism has Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke and Ayn Rand.
Religions have songs and hymns. So does capitalism:
"Now, that, I got me some Seagram's gin
Everybody got they cups, but they ain't chipped in
Now this types of shit, happens all the time
You got to get yours, but fool I gotta get mine…
"Rollin down the street, smokin ENDO, sippin on gin and juice
Laid back [with my mind on my money and my money on my mind]”
Religion presupposes free will. Capitalism presupposes free markets.
Religions have dogmas, written a long time ago, by stuffy old men,
that may no longer be relevant. Capitalism has John Maynard Keynes.
"The bankers have become the new clergy" - Max Keiser
Religion had hypocritical mishaps like the Spanish Inquisition.
Capitalism has hypocritical mishaps like the IMF.
Religions forgive sinners. Capitalism forgives bankers.