Friday 24 August 2012

busting a rhyme in the banksters' faces

Apparently, this is a strong poem by a young lady
who is dissing the bankers for the way they rob
good people.

kick it, my sister:

from: Teenink
"Chasing" What Matters
By malmonte, Satellite Beach, FL
People or numbers?
Numbers or people?
Use your brain
This is America
Not some game
So just quit playing
Playing what?
Playing with lives to make your big bucks.
As a matter of fact
Take my friends
And take my home
Just give me more reason for my name to be known
Take our checks
And our respect
Some from you has yet to be shown.
Take my grades
And take my fun
We’ll see who’s “making numbers” once all of this is done.
Everyone’s stressed
Causing fights
Got me thinking day and night
Don’t be shy!
Fight some more!
We’ll make it through another door
Because you built me up
Then tore me down
And took me out of my favorite town.
Think you’re getting to me?
That’s a joke.
While you’re making me stronger,
You can’t even provide a quote
Quote for who?
Quote for everyone
Everyone you’ve lied to, and taken everything from.
We won’t stop
And we won’t quit
And we sure as he** won’t just take this.
I cheat on a test
I get in trouble.
You cheat your own people
And your pay goes double?
You think it’s okay?
Well I think its bull
Because stomachs were once full
And now they’re hungry.
People once smiling
Now are stumbling.
Foreclosing on homes
Destroying lives
Taking what they need to just survive.
You know what you’re doing
And you know it’s not right
But, I mean as long as they’re paying you a decent price?
Is the money worth it?
Worth the pain?
The pain of those who shelter is now rain?
Those nice big checks must be nice
But, does it ever cross your mind that you should think
twice?
Twice about lying? Signing? Designing? Designing what?
Your short cuts.
Short cuts to make the cut
 guess your new money does you a lot of good;
The clothes.
The shoes.
Cute sweaters with hoods.
But you know what’s cuter?
Orange!
Orange what?
The orange jumpsuit that’ll be on your butt.
What’s wrong?
Don’t like it?
Awww too bad!
‘Cause that’s where you’re headed
Kind of sad?
Sad that ruining people’s lives
Was better than the price you’d pay on the other side.
 ---end
and hardly a dangling modifier